Sep 24, 2012

Homemade Popsicles

Seven loves popsicles, but I hate giving her sugar! I decided to make up my own popsicle recipe...

We had these nifty little popsicle makers when I was a kid. It was kind of like a small rounded container with a lid and stick already built in. I found one of those at Walmart, but they were $7 and only made 4 popsicles. I decided to pick up this tall ice tray instead:


So I used:
Ice Tray
Aluminum Foil
Popsicle Sticks
 Blueberry Greek Yogurt
Frozen Strawberries


You'll have to forgive me because I didn't measure anything, but somehow I ended up with the right amount for the tray. You can see how full the blender is. I would say overestimate it, and if you end up with too much treat yourself to a smoothie. I did not add any sweetener (other than what was already in the yogurt) and they turned out great, but if you want it a bit sweeter I would recommend honey or stevia.


Pour the mixture over the ice tray.


Cover with aluminum foil


And put a Popsicle stick in each one.

Seven ate them just as quickly as she would and dye-filled-corn-syrup-on-a-sick, and they were a bit smaller and more manageable for her small hands, so I say success!

No comments:

Post a Comment